Don’t like blood & gore, but still want to rock a scary makeup look for your Halloween costume? Then boy, have you come to the right place! Here are my favorite scary Halloween makeup ideas that’ll have you spooked!
Follow me on Instagram: @debra_jenn
Jump to the scary Halloween makeup ideas in this blog:
- Chucky Makeup
- Bride of Chucky Makeup
- Pennywise Makeup
- Devil Makeup
- Beetlejuice Makeup
- Dark Angel Makeup
- The Nun Makeup
- Scary Skeleton Makeup
- Medusa Makeup
- Scary Pumpkin Makeup
Spooky Makeup Looks
TBH you won’t catch me doing bloody SFX makeup looks, because all that blood grosses me out, but I still love a good, scary makeup look! So if you’re looking for some creepy Halloween makeup that doesn’t make you want to hurl your guts, keep right on scrolling, little lady. Heeeeeere we go!
I’ll link all the tutorials for each look + the products I used to create them, so you can recreate them for your own Halloween costume! Remember to tag me if you do and I’ll share you on my stories! ? (Instagram: @debra_jenn)
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
1. Chucky Makeup
Chucky Halloween Costume & Accessories
Follow me on TikTok: @Debra_Jenn
2. Bride of Chucky Makeup
You’re mine now, doll ?
- Morphe 15N Palette is discontinued, but the JCat Viva La Musical palette is even better and has all the colors you’ll need! (use my code DEBRAJENN to save monies)
- Pros Aide Cream
- Mehron Pro Face Paint Palette
- J.Cat Aquasurance Compact Foundation (use my JCat discount code: DEBRAJENN)
- J.Cat Luxe Pro Powder in Porcelain (use code DEBRAJENN to save)
- NYX Lip Liner in Black Berry
- NYX Suede Liquid Lipstick in Alien
- Morphe Blush Palette
- Benefit Highlighter in Cookie
See the full list of products I used in this Tiffany Valentine makeup look here.
Bride of Chucky Costume & Accessories
Watch My Tutorial to Learn How To Conceal Eyebrows
Unless you’re already rocking pencil-thin brows, you’ll need to conceal your eyebrows to nail the Tiffany Valentine costume. Check out my tutorial below to learn how to do it!
3. Pennywise Makeup
Clown It Costume, Wig & Accessories
Watch my Pennywise Makeup Tutorial
Tharrrrr she blows! Down below is my Pennywise clown eyeshadow tutorial — I also tell the story of Jennifer Pan, a Canadian girl who killed her parents for no good reason. Nothing scarier than that ?
Shop my Amazon store for my favorite skincare, costumes, home organization & more!
4. Devil Makeup
My mom would not be happy I did this devil costume, even though it’s not the scariest devil makeup you’ve ever seen. TBH, I rebuke it in the name of Jesus ?
- Face Paint: CC Beauty Flash Paint
- Eyes & Face: Morphe 35B Palette (use code GLAMFAM789 to save!) for black eyeshadow and to shade and contour the face
- Lips: NYX black liquid lipstick in Alien
See the full list of products I used in this devil Halloween makeup look here.
Devil Halloween Costume & Accessories
Like my Facebook page for live tutorials: Debra Jenn
5. Beetlejuice Makeup
Is there anything better than a Beetlejuice Halloween costume? 10/10 always a classic. Beetlejuice may not be the scariest costume ever, but he is a dead guy, so try to tell me that’s not creepy, I dare you!
- Jeffree Star Jawbreaker Palette
- LA Girl White Foundation
- LA Girl White Concealer
- Ben Nye Super White Powder
- Mehron Face Paint Palette
See the full list of products I used for this Beetlejuice makeup look here.
Beetlejuice Costume & Accessories
Watch My Beetlejuice Makeup Tutorial
Wowie zowie, the quality is BAD (this was before I got better filming equipment), so please forgive me!
6. Dark Angel Makeup
Fallen from heaven.
Is a dark angel the same as a demon? I suppose it stands to reason they’re the same, but never you mind. I love this creepy costume — it was such a hit when I posted it to the gram!
- EYES: The Original P.Louise palette sadly no longer exists, but the JCat Viva La Musical palette has all the colors you need and more! Use code DEBRAJENN to save monies, honey
- I’m wearing double-stacked lashes here, and I painted one of the pairs white with NYX white liquid liner
- EYELASHES: I used a strip lash and painted it white with NYX Vivid Matte White Eyeliner
- LIPS: NYX Liquid Lipstick in Alien
See all the products I used to create this black angel makeup look here.
Dark Angel Costume & Accessories
7. The Nun Makeup
Is there anything creepier than a nun?
I went to Catholic school in junior high, so I promise you… there’s not. I once got chased down a dark hallway by a nun… but that’s a story for another time ?
- Morphe 15N Palette was discontinued, but the JCat Viva La Musical palette is even better and has all the colors you’ll need! (use my code DEBRAJENN to save monies)
- Ardell Wispies
- JCat Foundation (use code DEBRAJENN)
- NYX Black Liquid Lipstick
- JCat Highlighter in Moon and Back (use code DEBRAJENN)
- Benefit Brow Products
See the full list of products I used in this scary nun makeup look here.
The Nun Costume & Accessories
8. Scary Skeleton Makeup
Spooky, scary skeletons, send shivers down your spine!
- I used the James Charles palette for this, but I’ve used the Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Palette for the same eyeshadow look before, and I like the Jaclyn Hill one wayyy more (plus I would never recommend buying anything from James Charles lmao — the palette was sent to me for free).
- Mehron Black Face Paint
See full list of products used in this scary easy skull makeup look here.
Watch My Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
To see how I got the smokey eye for this skull look, watch my black smokey eye tutorial.
9. Medusa Makeup
Don’t look at her, or you’ll turn to stone!
This isn’t a scary costume, you say? Well, look ol’ Medusa in the eyes and let her turn you to stone, I DARE YOU.
- EYESHADOW & FISH SCALES:
- LIPS: Jeffree Star liquid lipstick in Equality (You’d be surprised, but green lipstick do be coming in handy! And the best part is you can wear it as an eyeliner too, to get your money’s worth)
See full list of products used in this scary Medusa makeup look here.
10. Scary Pumpkin Makeup
Watch My Halloween Makeup Tutorial
I liked this Cleopatra costume so much, I did it two years in a row! It’s no last-minute costume, but if you’re reading this and have time to plan out your accessories, she sure is a show-stopper! Check out my tutorial below and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel while you’re there!
More Halloween Makeup Looks:
- Alice in Wonderland Makeup Looks for Halloween
- Winifred Sanderson Cosplay Tutorial
- Moana Face Paint Makeup Tutorial
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission if you choose to purchase. If you feel comfortable, purchasing products through these links greatly helps me out as I work really hard to make high quality, fun content for you guys to enjoy.